Vehicle Use and Reservation
The School of Engineering provides the use of a University owned van for local use by faculty, staff, and certified graduate and undergraduate students. Van usage is restricted to a 10 mile radius.
Please see below for additional vehicle procedures during COVID-19.
Missy McGinn, Risk Management
701 Carnegie Center, Suite 439
All students are required to be certified. Information and instructions for certification can be found on Public Safety Fleet Certification. Upon certification, students must complete the VUA, DHQ, and submit a copy of their driver’s license to Risk Management as above.
Faculty, staff and all students after submission to Risk management, must send the expiration date of their license and their submission date to Anthony Schulz.
Vans may be reserved after completion of the above, by emailing Anthony Schulzor stopping in the Stockroom with the date, time needed, location visiting and purpose
Key pickup must be prior to 4:15 p.m. Monday – Friday. Key return is to the Stockroom. If stockroom is closed, key may be slid under the door.
Van must be locked when not in use. Van can be parked in designated “EQUAD Van Parking” spot, located across from North garage.
It is the responsibility of the driver to insure only certified and approved drivers operate the van.
It is the responsibility of the driver to insure the vehicle is maintained clean inside and out and free of debris.
All mechanical, operational, and visible defects should be reported upon return.
Please note the van is regularly filled with fuel, but upon return please note if fuel is needed.
Vehicle Procedures During COVID-19
Only 1 person per vehicle is authorized. Each vehicle contains disposable wipes and trash bags.
- Before each use, users must use disposable wipes to clean door handles, steering wheels, gearshift, signaling levers, window buttons, radio buttons, and any other surfaces touched in the vehicle;
- Dispose of used items in a new trashbag;
- Upon completion, users must use disposable wipes to clean door handles, steering wheels, gearshift, signaling levers, window buttons, radio buttons, and any other surfaces touched in the vehicle;
- Dispose of used items in the trashbag;
- Take trashbag and dispose in garbage disposal;
- Return keys to secure location;
- Wash hands as soon as possible after completion of use.
- Avoid touching hands, nose, eyes, and mouth.
For additional information
EQuad 3rd Floor Stockroom, Room AD3B